Suspend Common External Tariff

An importer of any goods – whether an input or a final product – desirous of obtaining a change or the temporary suspension of a rate of import duty under the Common External Tariff (CET), should submit a request to the Ministry of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture and Fisheries (MICAF) with the relevant information:

o   The name and address of the requesting individual or firm;

o   The Tariff heading number(s) and precise description of the goods together with all relevant technical specification;

o   The quantity and estimated value of the goods that are required;

o   The rate(s) of import duty being applied currently in the particular Member State;

o   The rate of import duty proposed in lieu of the current rate;

o   Where a suspension of the current rate is requested, the proposed duration of the suspension; (Minimum 3 months / Maximum 12 months);

o   The reasons for the request for a change or a suspension of the rate that is being applied in the Member State along with the name(s) of the Member State(s) from which supplies were previously obtained; and

o   The efforts that have been made to source the product(s) from within the Common Market, and the result of those efforts.

Translate »
Wishlist 0
Open wishlist page Continue shopping